Jewish Ceremonial Hall in Josefov

Ceremonial Hall in Josefov

The Ceremonial Hall and mortuary was designed by architect J. Gerstl and built in 1911 - 1912 for use by the Jewish Burial Society Hevrah Kaddishah, which was originally founded in 1564. It is part of The Jewish Museum and contains the second half of the exhibit called "Jewish Customs and Traditions," which is a continuation of the exhibit in the Klausen Synagogue next door. In this building, the exhibits are about Jewish cemeteries in Bohemia and Moravia and the activities of the Jewish Burial Society.

Continue

Previous

Home