Gas Chambers at Dachau

"Baracke X, erected May 1942 to April 1943. It was to serve both as a killing facility and to remove the dead, but the gas chamber in the middle of the building was not used for mass murder. Survivors have testified that the SS did, however, murder individual prisoners and small groups here using poison gas." Words on a sign at the south end of the building, May 2003

Northwest corner of Dachau gas chamber, May 2007



 Gas Chamber History

  Interior of Gas Chamber

 Disinfection Gas Chambers 

  Exterior of Gas Chamber

 Eye-witness descriptions

  Congressional Visit 3 May 1945

© Copyright 1998 - All Rights Reserved